Our Cemeteries - Mowing Schedule - Rules and Regulations
We're honored to serve our community
The caring employees here at Eglington Cemetery are here to support you through this difficult time. We offer a range of options when it comes to your loved ones final resting place. You can count on us to assist you plan ahead and feel at ease when it comes time. And we’ll carefully guide you through the many decisions that must be made during this challenging time.
You are welcome to call us at (856) 423 - 0165,
or visit us at our main office.
Mon - Friday: 8:30 - 4:00
We also provide a wealth of information here on our web site so you can learn more from the privacy of your own home.
Gates of Heaven
Woodbury Memorial Park
Hillcrest Memorial Park
Hillcrest has its own office located on the cemetery grounds and can be found at :Hillcrest Memorial Park, PO Box 233, Pitman, NJ 08071. Physical address: 550 Delsea Drive, Sewell NJ 08080; Ph. (856) 589-7550; Fax (856) 589-5190.
Woodbury Memorial: Clear on Monday; Mow on Tuesday
Hillcrest Memorial : Clear on Tuesday; Mow on Wednesday
Eglington Cemetery: Clear on Wednesday; Mow on Thursday
(Subject to change due to inclement (rain or drought.)
Our Rules and Regulations
Regarding Grave Decorations
(18” in front of Monument/Stone only)
CEMETERY RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Company, subject to New Jersey law, provides for Care and Maintenance which includes the cutting of grass at reasonable intervals and such other work as may be necessary to keep the cemetery in good order. The maintenance and care of the memorials is not the responsibility of the Cemetery Company.
No evergreens, trees, shrubs or flowers are permitted to be planted in bronze memorial sections. Any planting in upright memorial sections is subject to approval of the Company and may be removed if injurious to the appearance or infringe upon the boundaries of surrounding lots or grounds. Concrete urns or similar decorations are not permitted. Glass, china containers, baskets or metal flower holders left on lots will be removed with faded flowers, also baskets or metal flower holders that become unsightly. The placing of landscape stones, shells and borders, boxes, toys and similar articles upon graves is prohibited and such objects will be removed. For reasons of safety and to prevent damage to equipment, kindly refrain from installing borders of brick, landscaping stones or other edging. You may have sunken rubber half-moon edging 18” in front of stone monument sections ONLY.
All memorial work is subject to approval of the Company as to location, design, dimensions, material and a Memorial Application must be submitted and approved prior to the manufacture of the memorial. The setting of memorials will not be permitted until payment for Burial Right(s) is complete.
We will allow veteran flat bronze government memorials as a second memorial in the upright memorial sections only.
Acceptable Items – Monument/Stone Sections
(You may have sunken rubber half-moon edging 18” in front of stone monument sections ONLY.)
- Silk or fresh flowers and plants.
- American Flags ONLY – Military flags will be permitted on Veteran’s Day only.
- Eternal Lights – at owner’s risk – we are not responsible for stolen/missing items.
- MOM/DAD ornaments will be allowed during appropriate holidays (Mother’s Day, Father’s Day).
- Statues only if integral part of monument. In private estates, two statues are permitted and MUST be on a granite base.
Acceptable Items – Memorial/Flat Bronze Sections
- Silk or fresh flowers in a retractable vase – silk flowers will be removed prior to mowing and placed in a corner of the section until the next mowing. Items still in the corner at next mowing will be discarded.
- Plants in pots are permitted during NON-mowing seasons.
- MOM/DAD ornaments will be allowed during appropriate holidays (Mother’s Day, Father’s Day) if they are made of silk, NO plastic.
- American Flags will be removed during mowing season. Military flags will be permitted on Veteran’s Day ONLY.
- During Christmas season, Christmas trees no higher than 36” are permitted – they are NOT to be planted.
Accepted Holidays for Grave Decorations:
Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Memorial Day, Veteran’s Day & Christmas
Christmas decorations are removed February 1; all other decorations are removed one week after the holiday
Seasonal flags, balloons, stuffed animals, pinwheels, lawn ornaments of any kind, landscaping stones of any kind, toys, homemade markers and plastic items, pumpkins or Halloween/Thanksgiving decorations of any type, Manger scenes, wooden Santas or snowmen.